Last week, Nintendo released a patch for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl that added a lot of the games’ content, including opening and ending title sequences as well as post-game data.
While we’re still technically a day out from release, Nintendo has now rolled our Version 1.1.1 – which optimises Version 1.1.0 data. Here are the full patch notes for the latest update (and the previous one) courtesy of Nintendo’s official support page:
Ver. 1.1.1 (Releasing November 17, 2021)
Optimized Ver. 1.1.0 update data.
Ver. 1.1.0 (Releasing November 11, 2021)
- Communication functions added for the Grand Underground, Super Contest Shows, Union Room, and Mystery Gift
- You’ll be able to enjoy local and internet communication functions of game features like the Grand Underground, Super Contest Shows, and the Union Room. You’ll also be able to receive gifts via Mystery Gift.
- Post–Hall of Fame elements added
- Some game elements you’ll be able to enjoy after entering the Hall of Fame, such as Ramanas Park, will be implemented.
- Note: If you have game data that reflects that you have already entered the Hall of Fame, you can play these elements immediately after updating the software.
- Some in-game movies and animation added
- Certain animated scenes and movies, including the opening movie that plays when the software is opened and the ending movie, will be implemented.
- Note: An opening movie has been added that plays when the software is opened. You can see it by closing the game and re-opening it with existing save data.
- Note: An ending movie has been added. Even if you have already reflected entering the Hall of Fame on your save data, you can see the ending by entering the Hall of Fame again.
- Some issues have also been fixed for more pleasant gameplay.
As previously noted, approximately 3GB of memory will be required to download the updated data for version 1.1.0.
Will you be checking out the Diamond and Pearl remakes tomorrow? How do you feel about two updates at launch? Leave a comment down below.