The events of the past year or so has made a lot of people rethink how they want to spend the rest of their lives. For a variety of reasons, not everyone has the option of starting over or training for a new career, but one vineyard in California is offering one person the chance to do just that. Here’s what to know about this dream job.
What the job entails
The yearlong position is with the Murphy Goode Winery in Sonoma, California. The first three months involve shadowing winemaker Dave Ready, Jr. to learn about the many aspects of a harvest. After that, you’ll work with the winery to find the aspect of the business you’re most excited to learn more about, and then spend the rest of the year focusing on that.
Other potential responsibilities and duties of the apprentice winemaker include:
- Assisting in winery operations
- Learning about e-commerce
- Helping to build the Murphy-Goode Winery brand
- Developing strong working relationships across functions of the winery
- Providing hospitality to trade and consumers by contributing to a positive winery experience
- Effectively promoting Murphy-Goode wines through various channels and events
In addition to learning about winemaking, the successful applicant will receive:
- A salary of $120,000 for the year
- One year of free rent in Sonoma, California
- 30 cases of wine
How to apply
In order to apply for this position, you must be at least 21 years of age, a legal resident of the United States and/or authorized to work in the U.S., and be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. You can access the full job description and requirements here.
The main part of the application is creating a video explaining why you’re a good fit for the job. You can upload the video and fill out the application form here. Applications must be received by June 30, 2021.