YouTube and Roku aren’t playing nice. The two companies failed to reach a contract agreement, and now YouTube TV is no longer supported on Roku products, including all streaming devices and smart TVs with Roku OS.
It’s possible they could smooth things over in the future, but for now, YouTube TV is gone from the Roku channel store. Users can still use the app if it’s installed on their Roku device, but you’ll need to find an alternative way to watch YouTube TV if you remove it—or if Roku disables support entirely.
Many other devices support YouTube TV, though. It’s possible your TV even has native YouTube apps you can install, and if your PC or laptop can plug into your TV you can watch through Chrome or Firefox.
But there’s another option if your TV, game consoles, or streaming devices don’t support YouTube TV: You can cast YouTube TV to your TV from your Android PC, or an Apple device via AirPlay.
How to cast YouTube TV from a mobile device or PC to your TV
Most smart TVs have casting or AirPlay support built in, but you can also cast YouTube TV to any Chromecast or AirPlay-supported device connected to your TV instead.
Whatever devices you use, the first step is make sure they’re all connected to the same wifi network and turned on, then follow these instructions for your device.
From an Android device:
- Open the YouTube TV app, then tap the “Cast” icon (it looks like a square with a wifi symbol).
- Select the device you want to cast to. Grant connection permissions if asked.
- YouTube TV will open on your TV, and any in-progress media will start playing automatically.
From iOS/iPadOS via Airplay:
- (For devices on iOS/iPad OS 14 or higher) Go to Settings > YouTube TV and enable “Local Network.”
- Open YouTube TV on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap the AirPlay symbol in the top right of the app.
- Select the device you want to connect.
- Once connected, YouTube TV will appear on your TV.
From a computer (Windows or Mac):
- Sign in to the YouTube TV web app or the YouTube TV website in Chrome or Firefox.
- Find a video to watch, then click the “Cast” button from the video player.
- Select the device you want to cast to.
- The YouTube TV video will start playing on your TV.